SUMMER SAFETY TIPS FOR YOUR DOG
Well summer has finally arrived so before you set off on a long walk or let your dog run around the back yard be sure to think about the temperature that day.
Here's some tips to keep your dog cool;
- Time your walk - early in the morning or later in the day when it's cooler.
- Be sure your dog has a shady area when outside playing in the yard.
- Keep your house as cool as possible. Leave windows open, ceiling fans on or the A/C on.
- Walk with water and let your dog drink as you go. Take frequent breaks.
- Leave a bowl of fresh water in your yard for play time.
- Never leave your dog in a vehicle on a warm day.
- Remember your dogs paws aren't protected from the hot asphalt or cement so choose grassy surfaces if you can. Touch the pavement. If it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for your dogs paw pads.
It's easy to think that because you are enjoying the walk and are comfortable, your dog is too. Most dogs can't handle the heat as well as us humans, so keep a close eye on your dog and cut the walk short if your dog is panting or flagging.
Enjoy your summer together.
"Proof is in the Pup"
Like us on Facebook